Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The long wait


Once public transport becomes unreliable, people give up. This has begun to happen.
This morning a longtimer said on the platform: I wonder if the excuse today will be the fog!
No, today's new excuse was -according to the text messages - a scrub fire!
At this time of year, I can not afford to be late.
On Friday, I waited and waited and waited. Two trains went west. None came our way. Finally I got a cab. I got to the city $20 poorer.
I haven't given up but will not be using them as much.
I saw the Greens co-leader and MPs on the trains again today. I just hope they get some influence after Saturday.
Otherwise I may be walking.
On the iPod: These boots are made for walkin
 Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger concerned_citizen said...

don't give up bro.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Miles said...

Thanks! I'm back.

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home