Tuesday, November 01, 2005

A few problems today


Hmm.. not a great day for the trains.
Due to a technical fault the 6am Western line from Britomart to New Lynn % return sdervice from New Lynn have been cancelled
Due to mechanical problems the 10.48am Western Line train service from Waitakere has been cancelled. Next service from Waitakere is 11.18am
Due to a technical fault the 13.20pm Western Line service from Britomart has been durther delayed by approx 25 mins.

On the iPod: Was Not Was Hello Dad..I'm In Jail

 Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Gary F said...

Hey, great photo though.

It's odd. I've been taking trains a lot this year, having been in attendance at uni, but I've never encountered a circumstance of a breakdown that has noticeably effected my journey. Strange, that; particularly since I've been travelling during the rush hour at most times.

9:11 PM  
Blogger James Pole said...

Yes, I can say the same about both train and bus services. People complain about how 'unreliable' public transport is in Auckland, yet I beleive I've managed to catch over 95% of my PT services on time, and the other 5% of the time i just catch the following (or an alternative) service.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

I suspect the 6am cancellation was related to a freight train breakdown (loco out of fuel!) at Avondale in the early morning.

6:57 PM  
Blogger James Pole said...

Good old freights! :-)

12:43 AM  
Blogger Miles said...

Gary what's your secret!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home